There are multiple ways to batch rename however we will discuss batch renaming in windows 8 explorer.
1. Copy the files you want to batch rename into a single folder
2. Select all the files in the folder you wish to rename. You can select all files either by dragging your cursor across all files and selecting or by ensuring you are viewing the Home tab in explorer and selecting Select All.
3. Next you want to put the files in the order you wish them to be. In my case I want them in the order they were recorded so I will click, "Date Modified" on the windows column. It will then sort the files either by most current or the latest. If you do not see the date modified column, you can easily show this column by doing the following, select view tab then add columns and select and ensure that date modified is selected. If that isn't a choice then select "choose columns". Under choose columns you can select and either promote or demote columns.
4. Then you want to select the first file in the sequence and right click,typing the name yo uwish to rename it to.
5. You will notice that all the files in the sequence are changed to the name you typed and (1) (2). etc
I love Technology, People, Nature, Beach, Boating, Sports and my Family